Whether you are planning on designing an eatery, place of travel, or a babies’ bedroom color can influence our perceptions. Here at Hammond Design Group we know how important it is for you to choose the right color for your design. First, we would like to introduce the color wheel. Instead of writing out a color wheel and trying to be super technical, our lovely intern will provide you with a photo of a color wheel to help you understand complimentary colors, monochromatic colors, and etc. (Yes, our photos are clickable!)
Now that is out the way. We can talk about what colors to use, and what emotions these colors have to customers perception and emotional association.
Eatery: CHOCOLATE/COFFEE BROWNS
- Theses colors are associated with Delicious, Rich, Appetizing
Travel: LIGHT BLUE
- These colors are associated with Calm, Quiet, Patient, Peaceful, Cool, Water
RESTAURANT: DEEP RED
- These colors are associated with Rich, Tasty, Sumptuous
Technology Services: SKY BLUE/CHARCOAL GRAY/TEAL
- These colors are associated with Sophistication, Trustworthy, Dependable
Some facts about color theory and how color theory works in eCommerce
- 93% of buyers make decisions based on the visual appearance of the product
- 82% of online shoppers stated that color truly matters when they are about to purchase.
- Our Brain simply remembers better if there is a color