There are many reasons why you should consider hiring an architect for a building project of any kind. You certainly need to choose this option if you are building your dream home or a new office building. Hiring an architect for a project of any kind, from home remodeling to an office expansion, is your most reliable option.
13 ways an architect can help make your building project a success:
- They can conceptualize and put your best ideas into a form that you can visualize so that you’ll have solid plans to present to your contractors and builders.
- You can utilize Contract Administration (CA). With a signed CA, your architect will keep an eye on the construction for answering questions and ensuring that the project is adhering to the original design intent.
- Their education covers everything from landscape design, sociology, law, and ergonomics, in addition to the expected areas of construction materials and techniques.
- If “Green” is a priority for your project, you will have expert assistance in ensuring that your project is sensitive to the environment and has an environmentally conscious design.
- They can serve as your liaison between the builders and contractors, subcontractors, interior designers, landscape designers, and government offices that will be visiting to make sure everything is up to code.
- They will have his eye on the big picture and anticipate potential issues that could cost you thousands down the road.
- They knows how to help you maximize your space and budget.
- They can suggest design and material options of which you and your builder might not have awareness. A builder will generally follow your instructions. An architect will work with you to help you make the right decisions.
- They will usually have connections in the industry. Once their primary role is complete, they can help you identify the best professionals to do your job.
- They can work with the builders to ensure that the work is being done according to plan and that the specified materials are being used.
- They will deal with the tasks of securing permits and zoning issues.
- A well designed building will add value to your property.
- A professionally designed building will generally have lower maintenance costs.
Deciding whether or not to hire a professional architect is one of the most important decisions you’ll make in your building project. But it’s a consideration that should be seriously considered. When you get ready to interview architects, check out a few questions to ask them: 10 Questions to Ask Your Architect